A blog is a great place for discussion, and I want mine to be no different. However, a few ground rules are necessary to keep the comments section from getting out of hand.
- A name and email address is required to comment. This helps eliminate spam. You may use a pseudonym or only part of your name, but the first post from a unique name and email combination must be manually approved. Please be patient if your comment doesn’t post immediately. I will not sell your email address to anyone for any reason, and I will not email you unless you sign up to receive blog updates via email. This is done through a separate form on my website, and you will not automatically receive emails if you provide your email address in the comment form.
- Feel free to disagree with me. However, if you do, please do so in a way that is respectful and constructive.
- I reserve the right to delete any comment at any time. Specifically, I will delete any comment that I determine to be off-topic, abusive, threatening, harassing, trolling, hating, rude, profane, pornographic, defamatory, false, misleading, offensive, illegal or promoting illegal activity, spam, advertising, or solicitation.
- The comment form allows you to post a website. Feel free to use it to link to your personal website or the website of your business, but sites listed for the purposes of advertising or spam will be removed.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, book, video, or presentation.
The goal of my comments section is to facilitate honest, genuine, interesting discussions in a respectful manner. I am providing this comment policy in order to help accomplish this.